Today, my research group and I have presented our proposal, which is about promoting community service in NUS.
In order to prepare for the presentation, we met a few times before to agree about the general outline and to assign each one of us a topic to talk about. I undertook the task of opening the presentation, presenting the outline and talking about the background of the proposal.
We rehearsed several times to be more confident and comfortable about presenting in front of people and so that each speaker knows what the other speakers are going to say.
I was quite nervous because I was presenting first, and I know that the first impression is really important. But being well prepared helped me overcome my stress and anxiety.
I think that the introduction was quite good and funny (Mr. Blackstone as the provost of NUS). After that, I gave an overview of the presentation and refered to each group member and what will he/she talk about.
During the presentation, I tried to keep eye contact with individuals and to maintain a good voice projection.
I got a bit confused explaining the bar chart, because it was a bit complex (many bars, two colors). I also did not get the chance to answer many questions at the end.
I hope that my presentation was good and that the audience understood the message that I wanted to deliver through the slides. I will be happy to hear your feedbacks, so please feel free to leave a comment :)
I know, Viv was adjusting the camera and you were watching her expectantly to see whether you should start the presentation haha!
ReplyDeleteYou appeared maybe a bit apprehensive at the start but it went away as you continued presenting. Confidence is key to presenting, and you had it. Your eye contact was good, I felt like I was being talked to personally. Your intro was good, it gave a clear outline to the audience.
About your gestures, I need to ask Brad: are one handed gestures good? Bcos you usually used only one hand to gesture, and I thought it was a bit awkward. I feel you should use both your hands, and your whole body even (when appropriate) to gesture. But I don't really know, wait for Brad's comment.
Your tone is good, not monotonous like mine during peer teaching. I need to learn that. Your group is really good at presenting, your points were all well thought out and explained well.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI think in video, you appeared natural and friendly, just as you are in daily life.
Thank you. =)
HI NESRINEEEEE :D
ReplyDeleteI did not feel any tinge of holding back from you while you started! I think you were great and confident. I was actually blown away. haha During our peer teaching, you refused to start first because of the pressure. BUT HEY, you did it!
You had sustained eye contact. I guess that helps when you did not have to look at cue cards (: You always referred your speech to the slides so it makes it easy to follow the slides too. On top of that, you had certain emphasis on the important points and hand gestures to stress your point.
The only flaw that I noticed from the non verbals would probably be flicking of your hair. You did that about 4-5 times, I think.
But all in all, you did a wonderful job (:
Hi Nesrine,in your presentation, you expressed the problem on the lack of volunteerism. You brought out the key point which pointed out the drastic lack: 200 active volunteers amonsgt 25,000 NUS population. It was awesomely strikingly scary. How tertiary students are leeching off the society and I am amongst them though not so in time to come! lol.
ReplyDeleteYes you had eye contact with audience. And I understood you! Thanks for presenting!