Nesrine Damak
22 College Avenue East Singapore 138595
nesrinedamak@mytum.de, (+65)91438227
August 22, 2011
Director, Human Resource
Robert Bosch (SEA) Pte Ltd
11 Bishan Street 21
Singapore 573943
Re: Application for an internship – Assistant Project Engineer at Security Systems
Dear Sir or Madam,
As a student of Electrical Engineering at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and as an exchange student at the National University of Singapore for the fall term 2011, I am applying for an internship in Bosch from 1th December 2011 until the end of March 2012.
After successfully receiving my A-level in Tunisia, I had the opportunity to study in Germany with the support of a government scholarship. This new situation made me very enthusiastic to know more about foreign languages and cultures and instilled in me the desire to continue to do so in the future.
After spending two years at the university acquiring basic engineering knowledge, I chose to study signal processing and multimedia more intensively. I recently finished my Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology with the grade “Very good” and I am currently pursuing my Master degree in the same major.
I have been tutoring first and second term students in circuit theory for four semesters. This allowed me to further develop my social and communication skills. Now I feel myself able to face any new situation where I have to pass on my ideas and interact with other people in my field of work.
My experience in working as part of a team has also been enhanced, especially during a student project at TUM, aiming at designing an electrical vehicle.
I am confident that the experience working for your company is a perfect starting point for an ambitious engineering career, and would be the best way to highlight the link between my academic studies and industrial work experience. The worldwide reputation of Bosch and the recommendation of previous fellow students encourage me to apply for an internship as an Assistant Project Engineer at Security Systems.
Thank you for considering my application, to which I enclose supporting documents.
I will be delighted to provide further information upon request and would be available for a telephone or a face-to-face interview at any time.
Yours faithfully,
Nesrine Damak
Edited: 13/09/2011
Hi Nesrine,
ReplyDeleteI feel that overall it is a good post but maybe you may want to add some more of your traits and abilities which you have learned over the course of your study, internships etc.
‘Now I feel myself able to face any new situation where I have to pass on my ideas and interact with other people in my field of work.’ This statement may be grammatically incorrect. Maybe you could rephrase this to become, ‘I am better equipped to face situations where I have to pass on ideas and interact with others in my field of work.’
Hopefully it helps. Overall a good read.
Cheers